Jobcentre Plus is a government-funded employment agency in the United Kingdom that provides a range of services to job seekers and employers. One of the services it offers to employers is assistance with recruitment.
If you are a recruiter looking to use Jobcentre Plus services, here are some ways in which they can help you:
- Job Posting: You can post your job vacancies for free on the Jobcentre Plus website. This will help you reach a wider pool of candidates who are actively looking for employment.
- Candidate Matching: Jobcentre Plus can help you match suitable candidates to your job vacancies. They have access to a database of job seekers and can use their skills and experience to identify potential candidates.
- Pre-screening: Jobcentre Plus can pre-screen candidates to ensure they meet your requirements before you invite them for an interview.
- Hiring Incentives: Depending on your business and the type of vacancy you are looking to fill, you may be eligible for hiring incentives such as wage subsidies or training grants.
- Job Fairs: Jobcentre Plus organizes job fairs where you can meet potential candidates and promote your vacancies.
To access Jobcentre Plus services, you will need to register your business with them. You can do this online on the Jobcentre Plus website or by calling their Employer Services line on 0800 169 0190.
- Your local Jobcentre Plus office has a wide range of recruitment services to help employers.. some of the services provided are::
- recruitment advice, including specialist support for businesses
- help setting up work trials to give you the opportunity to try out potential recruits
- help through the Work Choice programme to employ a disabled person who needs specialist support
- support from other employment schemes, including Work Clubs and help with work experience
You can also advertise a job with Universal Jobmatch.