If you are an employer looking to get help hiring new staff and you are unsure how to go about it? then Jobcentre Plus can help you. With their employer teams, they have the expertise and sector knowledge to provide you with the candidates that are right for you. They already work closely with thousands of employers across the UK to help them with their recruitment needs, identifying suitable candidates on our books who could be the ideal person for the job.
So How Can The Jobcentre Plus Help MeTo Hire New Staff?
It's so easy to get started simply contactEmployer Servicesto get help with every stage of creating your job advert and getting it online.
The Jobcentre's recent Way to Work drive helped Thousands of jobseekers into work, with a high percentage of them taking on roles in different sectors, The Jobcentre has become the first stop for employers looking to advertise a job, in recent years, and many employers recruiting through jobcentres for the first time.
Some of The Employer Services Offered
- providing a named employer adviser who will work with you to fill your vacancies
- giving advice on job descriptions to make them attractive to candidates
- working with you to streamline and speed up your recruitment process, and in return, you will aim to offer jobs within 48 hours of the interview
- actively promoting your vacancies within local jobcentres matching, pre-screening, and booking guaranteed interviews if you agree our short-listed candidates have priority access to your vacancies
- providing access to Jobcentre Plus offices to conduct interviews inviting you to attend local employer recruitment events and sector job fairs to promote your vacancies
- providing networking opportunities to connect with other local businesses
- post recruitment reviews, to discuss ongoing support and future recruitment campaigns.
Plus you can advertise your jobs through their online services that are used by thousands of jobseekers every week.
If you need help hiring new staff for your business, there are several options available to you.
- Recruitment agencies: Recruitment agencies can help you find suitable candidates for your job vacancies. They will advertise your job vacancies, screen applications, and provide a shortlist of candidates for you to interview. Recruitment agencies charge a fee for their services, which is usually a percentage of the new employee's salary.
- Jobcentre Plus: Jobcentre Plus is a government-run employment agency that provides free support to employers looking to hire new staff. They offer a range of services, including advertising job vacancies, screening applications, and organising recruitment events. You can contact your local Jobcentre Plus office for more information.
- Online job boards: Online job boards, such as Indeed, Monster, and Totaljobs, allow you to advertise your job vacancies to a large audience. You can create a job listing, set your criteria, and receive applications from interested candidates. Some job boards charge a fee for their services, while others offer free listings.
- Social media: Social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, can be effective tools for finding new staff. You can post job vacancies on your company's social media pages or join industry-specific groups to connect with potential candidates.
- Referrals: Referrals from existing staff members, business contacts, or industry peers can be a great way to find new staff. You can offer incentives to staff members who refer successful candidates, such as a bonus or a day off.
It is important to ensure that your recruitment process is fair and unbiased, and complies with employment law. You should also be clear about the job requirements, salary, and benefits to attract the right candidates.
Jobcentre Plus continues to work with employers in the UK to short-circuit their recruitment practices. By bringing Employers and job seekers together in jobcentres, where the Jobcentre is creating an ‘on the spot’ hiring approach, helping people into work quicker and reducing hiring costs for employers.