European Job Mobility Portal Work in Europe
Work anywhere in Europe with European Job Mobility Portal
If you would like to work in Europe, then thanks to an organisation called 'EURES' that was created back in 1994. It is a European cooperation network of employment services, the service was basically designed to facilitate the free movement of workers around Europe. The network since it's beginning has always worked hard to ensure that European citizens can benefit from the same opportunities, despite language barriers, cultural differences, bureaucratic challenges, diverse employment laws and a lack of recognition of educational certificates across the boundaries of Europe.
EURES helps jobseekers to find jobs and employers to recruit from all over Europe
The European Union’s principle of free movement of workers is considered one of the most important rights of EU citizens. It means that you can move to any EU Member State, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and the United Kingdom to look for and take up a job.
Yet, it may sometimes seem like a daunting and difficult task to make use of this right. The purpose of EURES is precisely to help and support jobseekers and employers with that.
This involves the provision of a broad range of services, available on the EURES portal or through the vast human network of more than a thousand advisers working in the EURES Member and Partner organisations.
EURES services to jobseekers and employers include:
- Matching of job vacancies and CVs on the EURES portal
- Information and guidance and other support services for workers and employers
- Access to information on living and working conditions in the EU member states, such as taxation, pensions, health insurance and social security
- Specific support services for frontier workers and employers in cross-border regions
- Support to specific groups in the context of EURES targeted job mobility schemes, such as Your first EURES job and Reactivate
- Promotion of youth opportunities via Drop'[email protected], the place where companies and organisations can promote and showcase their youth opportunities designed to help young Europeans take their first steps into the labour market
- Support to dynamic recruitment events through the European (Online) Job Days platform
- Information on and access to post-recruitment assistance, such as language training and support with integration in the destination country
To learn more about EURES services you can visit the various sections of this website, find contact details of the EURES Members and Partners on the “EURES in your country” page or get in direct contact with a EURES Adviser by phone, mail or chat, You can also contact the EURES Helpdesk for help with using the portal or any other questions you may have.