Complain about Jobcentre Plus Services
Do you need to make a complaint about the staff or any of the services provided by Jobcentre Plus?
Find out about the Jobcentre complaints procedure, complaint telephone numbers, and further information.
If you think we’ve got something wrong, let the office you have been dealing with know as soon as possible. We’ll do our best to put things right.
If you have a complaint or concern about Jobcentre Plus, you can contact them directly to raise your issue. Here are the steps you can take:
- Visit your local Jobcentre Plus office in person and speak to a member of staff. Explain your complaint or concern and ask for their assistance in resolving the issue.
- Call the Jobcentre Plus phone number for your area. You can find the appropriate phone number on the Jobcentre Plus website. Explain your complaint or concern to the customer service representative and ask for their assistance in resolving the issue.
- Write a letter to the relevant department of Jobcentre Plus, explaining your complaint or concern. Be sure to include specific details such as dates, times, and any relevant reference numbers. Also, state what you would like to happen as a result of your complaint, such as an apology or action to resolve the issue.
- If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from Jobcentre Plus, you can escalate your complaint to a higher level by contacting the Independent Case Examiner or the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. You can find their contact details on their respective websites.
It's important to provide specific details of your complaint or concern and to remain calm and polite throughout the process.
You can contact us by phone, in person or in writing. When you contact us, please tell us:
- your National Insurance number – unless you are an employer
- your full name, address, and contact numbers
- what happened, when it happened and how it affected you
- what do you want to happen to put things right
If you’d like to make a complaint about the Department for Work and Pensions, write to:
Department for Work and Pensions
PO Box 50101