If you are a single parent seeking financial assistance from an absent party or you want to set up payments for a child you no longer live with, you need to know about the Child Support Agency (CSA). The CSA offers various benefits and services to help parents with child maintenance.

What is the Child Support Agency (CSA)?

The Child Support Agency (CSA) is a government agency in the UK that provides support to parents who live apart. It helps to ensure that children receive the financial support they need from both parents. The CSA can provide assistance to parents who are separated, divorced, or unmarried.

The CSA provides a range of services, including:

  • Calculating the amount of child maintenance that should be paid
  • Collecting and enforcing child maintenance payments
  • Providing information and guidance on child maintenance

How to Contact the Child Support Agency (CSA)

If you need to contact the CSA for any enquiries or wish to find out more about Child Maintenance Allowance, you can visit their website or call their helpline. There are a number of departments to contact based on the nature of your enquiry so please make sure you select the correct telephone number for your query.

The helplines are available to answer any questions you have relating to child maintenance. You can ensure the smoothest possible outcome to your enquiry by dialling the correct contact number for your concerns.

You can contact the CSA by phone, email, or post. If you prefer to speak to someone in person, you can also visit your local CSA office.

Payments through the Child Support Agency (CSA)

If you decide to use the CSA to arrange child maintenance payments, you will need to provide information about your income and the income of the other parent. Based on this information, the CSA will calculate how much child maintenance should be paid.

The CSA can then collect payments from the other parent and pass them on to you. If the other parent does not pay, the CSA can take enforcement action to recover the money owed.

Payments through the Child Maintenance Service

The Child Maintenance Service (CMS) is a government agency that provides a similar service to the CSA. If you prefer, you can arrange child maintenance payments through the CMS instead of the CSA.

The CMS can also calculate how much child maintenance should be paid and collect payments from the other parent. However, the CMS charges a fee for its services, whereas the CSA does not.

It is important to note that if you currently receive child maintenance through the CSA, you will need to switch to the CMS by 2023.

Jobcentre Opening & Closing Times

DWP Jobcentre Plus is normally open from

  • Jobcentre opening hours are from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday till Friday
  • Crisis Loan telephone lines are open from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Monday till Friday
  • Contact Centres are open from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm. Monday till Friday

These are the normal Jobcentre opening hours for most DWP jobcentres in the UK.

If You need to cancel or change an appointment at your local DWP Jobcentre Plus Office you may only contact them during normal business hours.