The Aberdeen Jobcentre Plus office provides a range of services related to employment and benefits. It offers support to job seekers by providing assistance with job searches, job applications, and access to training opportunities. The office also provides support to employers by helping them find suitable candidates for job vacancies.
Additionally, the office assists customers with applying for benefits such as Universal Credit, Jobseeker's Allowance, and Employment and Support Allowance. The Aberdeen Jobcentre Plus office aims to provide a comprehensive range of services to support people in finding work and managing their benefits.
Aberdeen Jobcentre Plus Jobs & Benefits
The Aberdeen Jobcentre Plus office provides a range of services to help people find employment and access benefits. Some of the services available at the Aberdeen Jobcentre Plus include the following
- Job search assistance: Jobcentre Plus advisers can help you find job vacancies that match your skills and experience, and provide advice on writing CVs and job applications.
- Benefit claims: If you are out of work or on a low income, you may be eligible for benefits such as Universal Credit, Jobseeker's Allowance, and Employment and Support Allowance. Jobcentre Plus advisers can provide information on eligibility and help you make a claim.
- Training and education: Jobcentre Plus can provide information on training and education opportunities that can help you improve your skills and increase your chances of finding work.
- Disability support: If you have a disability, health condition, or mental health issue, Jobcentre Plus can provide support and guidance to help you find work and access benefits.
- Self-employment support: If you are interested in starting your own business or becoming self-employed, Jobcentre Plus can provide advice and guidance on setting up a business, accessing funding, and registering with HMRC.
- Work experience and apprenticeships: Jobcentre Plus can provide information on work experience opportunities and apprenticeships, which can help you gain skills and experience that can improve your employability.
The Aberdeen Jobcentre Plus is a valuable resource for anyone looking for work or needing assistance with benefits.
Find A Job In Aberdeen
The Aberdeen Jobcentre Plus offers a range of jobs across various industries. Some ways to find job vacancies in Aberdeen through Jobcentre Plus are:
- Search online: The easiest way to find job vacancies in Aberdeen is through the government's Universal Jobmatch website. You can search for jobs by location and industry, and create an account to apply for vacancies.
- Visit the local jobcentre: The Aberdeen Jobcentre Plus office is located at 1 Hadden Street, Aberdeen, AB11 6QP. You can visit the office to get information on available job vacancies and assistance with job searching.
- Sign up for job alerts: You can sign up for job alerts on the Universal Jobmatch website, which will notify you of new job vacancies in Aberdeen that match your search criteria.
- Attend job fairs and recruitment events: Attend job fairs and recruitment events in Aberdeen to meet employers and learn about job opportunities in person.
- Network: Reach out to your personal and professional networks in Aberdeen to learn about any job openings that may not be advertised publicly.
It is also worth noting that the government's Kickstart Scheme is available in Aberdeen, which provides job opportunities for 16 to 24-year-olds who are claiming Universal Credit.
Places you can find local jobs in Aberdeenshire
If you are looking for a job in Aberdeen, there are a few resources that you can use to help with your search:
- Find a Job: This is the UK government's official job search website. You can search for jobs by keyword and location, and refine your search by job type, salary, and other criteria.
- Indeed: This is a popular job search website that aggregates job postings from various sources. You can search for jobs by keyword and location, and set up email alerts to notify you of new job postings that match your search criteria.
- Reed: This is another popular job search website that features job postings from various sources. You can search for jobs by keyword and location, and set up job alerts to notify you of new job postings that match your search criteria.
- LinkedIn: This is a social networking platform that is widely used by employers and recruiters to find job candidates. You can create a profile on LinkedIn, network with other professionals in your field, and search for job postings that match your skills and experience.
- Local newspapers: You can also check the job listings in local newspapers such as the Press and Journal and Evening Express.
Remember to tailor your CV and cover letter to the specific job you are applying for, and to follow up on any job applications you submit. Good luck with your job search!